Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Really?

I'm at a point in the adoption where I just have to scratch my head and say...."really?"  How did I get here and what is happening, where is this going???  I am so confused with my own process as well as everyone elses process right now!  It seems like a no brainer....children needing love ....and families looking to give love  and the proven means to support them and raise them. Hello??

The mystery surrounding this miracle called adoption just has me dumbfounded right now.  Maybe this is a natural part of the process, I don't know.  Like morning sickness and cravings are to a pregnancy, these feelings are just as unpleasant if not more.  Maybe the road to motherhood just all around sucks but the end result is indescribably wonderful and that's just the way it goes and I have to suck it up.....I just wish I had more insight on the process to reassure me.  I hope I read this post one day and laugh because I was holding my child/ren and realize that the pain I went through during the process was nothing compared to the joy I felt at that moment.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. The whole process is so stressful and confusing all around. While this adoption is not finished yet I know from our 9 year old's adoption and from our first trip for this adoption that without a doubt in the end it is worth every minute of waiting and stress. The joy is more than you could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adopting moms are extra special because they have to go through so much heartache to get their babies.

    One day you will know that joy, and you will be proud of yourself for having gone through your struggles. Stay strong! love you, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you a heartfelt hug and a "hang in there." Your journey will someday culminate in an amazing reality and it WILL ALL be worth it! I know your heart is longing for your child (or children) and the time seems to drag on. I remember especially feeling the holidays were bittersweet as we celebrated the seasons, but also dreamed of "next year" and wondered what our child was doing in Poland. I pray that you are comforted by the Lord's peace and perfect timing, even though the waiting is so hard! I don't know how long you've been waiting for a referral, but I do hope you hear something soon. It seems like there have been some road blocks for many families recently, and I hope the path is cleared soon. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your time comes soon as is smooth sailing compared to mine :) I'm SURE this will be your last Thanksgiving as a family of 2!

    ReplyDelete