Monday, February 7, 2011

Thank God for weekends......

So to beat the winter blues, my husband and I went across the river to NYC to see a broadway show.  Being that my husband is a HUGE football fan, I bought him tickets to see Lombardi on Broadway at the Circle in the Square theater in Times Square.  It was based on the life of Vince Lombardi, one of the greatest coaches of all time, and the namesake of the Vince Lombardi trophy which is given to the Superbowl champions every year.  It is very ironic that he made himself a name as the coach of the Green Bay Packers, the Superbowl Champions this year!!!  It was an awesome play and we were in the 2nd row.  Since Im sure most of you guys are of my generation you would be excited to know that Judith Light(mom from Who's the Boss) and Dan Lauria(Dad from the Wonder Years) starred in it and we were only a few feet away.  (Can you tell I was excited?)

As we were walking out of the play, I had the opportunity to help a man who was having a heart attack at the theater..I know that might sound weird as a general statement but I am a registered nurse and just jumped into action without a second thought!! EMS arrived shortly after and I hope he is doing well....It made me very proud of my profession.


Super Bowl Sunday was hosted at my house with my family and my two nephews provided us with tons of entertainment dancing like crazy goofballs to the Black Eyed Peas halftime show in their pajamas:)   I have already taught them "Stolat" and they can't wait to teach their cousins from Poland everything they need to know about being in the famiy and being an American!

3 comments:

  1. How awesome that you helped that man! I'm an RN as well so I can relate. Is cardiac your specialty or was it just those many hours of BCLS? I worked ortho/neuro step down myself before getting my MSN but I remember the motions well. Still, great moment for you! :)

    Lombardi sounds fantastic! And I totally know those actors you mentioned- Lauria is a perfect choice to play the great coach. Being a lifelong Packers fan, my husband would probably love it (he's in cheesehead heaven after yesterday!).

    Our son was dancing like crazy man at halftime too- I think people who didn't like the show didn't get the bonus of the extra entertainment those of us with kids around did, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just brought our daughter home from Poland December 4, 2010! I just found your blog and wanted to wish you well with your process - I know I found the blog community a tremendous resource during our wait and now that we are home. I hope you have news soon :)

    We sent our dossier in in October 2009, accepted our referral in April 2010, first trip in May, and second trip in October, and HOME in December.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great show, and how awesome to be able to help someone like that! We have several RN's in the family, it is a very special profession!

    ReplyDelete