Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Today marks 5 months of waiting

My husband tells me that we should just live our lives as normal during this waiting period.  Go on day to day as if nothing was out of the ordinary so as not to get stresed out about the waiting.  He doesn't want me get upset or anxious.  I have a very hard time with that.  Every day I think about my little ones.  Where they born yet?  Where are they?  Who is taking care of them?  Are they hurting?  I already feel that "mother bear" instinct and it feels so natural.  My heart is so overflowing with love for my children to be I feel as if its going to burst!  I just can't wait to look into their eyes for the first time and tell them they are safe and how much they are loved.  Thinking of that moment makes me so happy as I tell myself.."be patient".

There are so many wonderful Polish adoption blogs and Im so glad to hear everyone sharing their stories.  It makes me feel less isolated.  Especially because adpotion from Poland is not a very 'hot topic" in the adoption world.  I have added myself to follow many of you and feel free to leave comments on my page.

In other news we ordered the carpet for the childrens rooms!  Stain resistant of course!!!:)  We are preparing for another ice/snow storm tonight...UGH....spring can't come fast enough!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I just found your blog. We gave been home from Poland for almost three years now. We adopted our son who just turned five last month :) the wait was so, so hard!! I feel for you. I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I just found your blog too! My husband and I along with Adam (4) and Aggnieszka (or Aggie - almost 3) have been home from Poland for 10 months. There is an incredible network of Poland Adoption Blogs out there all connected by the internet who encourage and offer great insight to each other regarding the process. Congratulations on your decision to adopt!! You are on an amazing life-changing journey!! You are gonna LOVE it!! PS - where is the picture taken from on your header? I can envision myself sitting on a chair and smiling! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you decided to blog :) I'm starting to get VERY impatient too..especially since NO ONE has gone to Poland for several months now..we'll survive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too just found your blog. We have been home 3 months with our girls....our blog is
    macioceadoption.blogspot.com

    I am excited to follow your journey!

    PS I know of a lady who is there right now meeting her two boys:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog. We are just about to enter the waiting process, but I feel as impatient as you. My husband just tells me to wait. It's easy for him to say, he's busy 13/14 hour days of school! Thanks for being a blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete