Saturday, February 12, 2011

Jak sie masz

So, on the advice of my Polish blogging buddies(thank you everyone)  I have been studying Polish using Pimsleur and I have to admit that I really love it.  Just the fact that I can listen to and from work is great!!  The Rosetta Stone is good for building vocabular but the Pimsleur really helps you to speak. As Kara had said, if learning things like "The woman is buying three white shirts" would help me speak to my children it would be great but I would rather learn "Bardzo Dobry!" I have several friends and co-workers that are fluent in Polish and I tried some out on them and THEY ARE SO IMPRESSED!!!  Of course I am only on unit three and so can say "I undersatnd Polish a little" and "I am American" but nontheless they were shocked. To a Polish man that I have never spoken Polish to at work I said "Dzien dobry"and he smiled and said "Jak sie masz".  But when I relpied in Polish with "very good, and you?"  his head spun around like HUH???  It was great!  I can't wait to rock some out in Poland! HaHaHa.

I have also been on the hunt fro some Polish childrens songs.  Does anyone have any sugestions?.  In an older Post I reccommened the website mamlisasworld.com.  Its a great site and has childrens songs from Poland with translations:)

No comments:

Post a Comment