Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Homestudy....take...three

Well here we are at homestudy # 3 in two years....as I pulled weeds from the yard with my left hand (because my right hand is broken) this morning at 6am because I couldn't sleep,,,once again I think to myself....really???  Here we are trying to prove ourselves worthy of being parents to a child that needs a home and a family.......Really?  Does a perfectly clean house, freshly cut grass and manicured garden make us potentially good parents?? Our new Korean agency case worker came at 11am to complete our Korean homestudy.  Have to say...it went GREAT!  Really Great:):)  Hubby and I haven't been this hopeful in a long long time.

 What has my life come to??  Fingerprints beyond belief, HIV tests and other medicals and financial statements?  I have been a nurse for 13 years taking care of people day in and day out (dont get me wrong, I love what I do for a living).  My passion in life is to nurture which has led me to my vocation as a nurse.  I am selfless and put everyones needs before my own.  I am passionately loyal to my family as well as my small circle of close friends whom I cherish.  My friends are essential to my everyday life and I will do anything for them as they prove to carry me along on my rough road.  The sharing of a cupcake on an emotional day always goes a long way....thanks ML:)

 All I want is to Mother a child in this world that needs one.  Adoption is not for the weak of heart. Adoptive families must pocesss a special strength from God to endure the pain of the journey.  The journey is a wicked one as many of you have endured....but the reward is beyond measurable and is what keeps me going day in and day out.

Speaking of loyal friends...I spent the weekend with one of my best friends J. in North Carolina this weekend and had a blast.  Even though I was frisked at both Newark airport and Asheville airport(cause of my gimpy hand splint).  We found our way into South Carolina, a state that I have never visited!!  I was so excited to pass the state line(i know I'm a dork) but I made her stop on some side road to take a pic:)  Also, we got to buy some treasures from a dude named Uncle Buck on the back roads of NC.....The highlight of my trip!! I was able to buy some brass figures that were MADE IN KOREA for $5.00!!!  Also got a few original pics for the baby's room from an antique shop.




I also must add my first ever pair of Cowboy boots made from Lizard and Leather that I bought in a small shop in Hendersonville NC.  They are my new favorite thing:):)

2 comments:

  1. This third time DOES sound really hopeful. I can't wait to read that you have a referral.

    You should have headed on down to Charleston. It is a great city. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots!!!

    Home study-check! You are getting there.

    ReplyDelete