Monday, August 15, 2011

Redemption

So, after feeling guilty for having such a negative post up for so long....a new one is in order....:)  My Hubby and I have a new love......biking...we have been biking after work and it has been awesome. We bought mountain bikes and helmets much to his dismay....but as an OR nurse.... I insisted!!!!  My helmet is a pretty mix of blue:)  Although, as a former regular biker as a child on the streets of NA (Nic will understand) boy am I out of shape!!!! Whoah my legs are so out of shape!!!!But It feels great to be a kid again on the streets jumping the curb and riding standing up with the wind on your face:)

We also split the bunk beds up into two twins and I love the way it looks in the room.  I just wish I could decorate more......Ahhh....just have to wait...the word we all hate!!!!!! My momma-in laws blankets remain on the beds:)  My nephews stayed overnight last saturday and loved the beds but can't wait for their cousins to come home!!

My love tonight goes out to my dear friend Nicole who is braving chemotherapy treaments and shows me courage and strength every day.  You are an inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. So funny- Tom and I got TOTALLY into biking- new bikes and everything- a month before we received our referral. It is definitely a great way to unwind!

    Love the bunk beds apart, don't worry about decorating, you will have plenty of time between the 2 trips- and I hope that wait is as short as possible for you!

    I hope that perfect referral comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you girlfriend! The room looks awesome! How blessed those babies will be. And I am glad to hear you are taking up biking again. Just be glad it's not the good old days when we would wait an hour to get across Ridge Road because of the cruisers. ;-) Also, I survived another round. 2 more AC's to go, then on to Taxol. Oy!

    ReplyDelete