Sunday, April 24, 2011

Clouds

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter Sunday.  I was reading some excerpts from my Womans Devotional Bible that I wanted to share.  It is a devotional reading by Amy Carmichael and it was placed in Psalms.  I have always found comfort of spirit in Psalms and I often read this devotional except when Im feeling down.

     "This evening the clouds lay low on the mountains so that sometimes we could hardly see the familiar peaks.  Sometimes the stars, too, were nearly covered.  But always, just when it seemed as though the mountains were going to be quite lost in the mist, the higher peaks pushed out, and whereas the dimmer stars were veiled, the brighter ones shone through.
      Even supposing the clouds had wholly covered the face of the mountains, and not a star shone through the piled up masses, the mountains would have stood steadfast and the stars would not have ceased to shine.
     Just so, our feelings do not cover up God's facts.  They may blow up like clouds, and cover the eternal things that we do most truely believe.We may not see the shinning of the promises- but they still shine! And the strength of the hills that is his also, is not for one moment less because of our human weaknesses."

Just because I can't see the stars or mountaintops sometimes because of the clouds....I know that they are still there.  My faith is strong as the mountain and as bright as a star that God's timing is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe next year we'll be able to celebrate with our kids too- Happy belated Easter!

    ReplyDelete